It is important to explain how VEX Solutions Robotics will benefit your students in your grant proposal. The information in this article can help you do just that.
VEX Robotics Offers Value
You’ll find a variety of funding options out there, all with their own requirements. Understanding the value of VEX robotics in your classroom will be beneficial to your application regardless of which funding option is most suitable.
- Skills in STEM fields and more
- Teamwork, creativity, and problem-solving will be incorporated in addition to STEM topics.
- Easily adaptable to teaching and learning
- STEM labs from VEX are flexible for classroom use, after-school activities, and online learning. Teacher can easily incorporate STEM Labs into their lessons with STEM Labs designed to be completed within one class period and aligned to standards.
- Our curriculum is always free
- Students can make the most of their robotics experience with VEX STEM Labs included with each product. Every STEM lab is aligned with standards, and teachers are provided with resources and guidance. They are always free of charge.
- A hands-on approach from the very beginning
- As early as the first day of class, students begin constructing robots. The students will be able to follow build instructions, work with teams, and integrate spatial reasoning into every build.
- Code now
- VEXcode can be used by students of all ages to learn how to code. VEXcode can be used on any device, regardless of whether it is block-based or text-based. Children can learn coding while designing their own robots.
VEX Robotics’ Five Pillars
The robotics solutions offered by VEX Robotics range from Kindergarten to high school and beyond. Each of VEX’s robotics products follows the Five Pillars of VEX Robotics, making it comprehensive for students and teachers, as well as consistent when used as part of a continuum.
- Curriculum – VEX offers free STEM Labs for students and teachers that are easy-to-follow and comprehensive.
- Our free, self-paced certification courses provide teachers with professional development opportunities. As well as PD+, educators can also access VEX Insights and the PD+ Library.
- Computer Science is an essential component of STEM, and VEXcode is our coding environment designed for students at all levels.
- From classroom competitions all the way up to the VEX Robotics World Championships, VEX offers competitions at all levels.
- Users can quickly find and explore information using the Knowledge Base, which contains nearly 600 articles.
Learning about STEM
Because of its STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) prerequisites, educational robotics provides a wide range of opportunities for enhancing learning. In a concrete and applicable way, robotics is always interdisciplinary. By connecting concepts from each of the STEM areas, students gain an understanding and knowledge. Using robotics requires students to collaborate, think computationally, troubleshoot, and innovate-all skills essential for 21st-century learners.
Curriculum in STEM
VEX STEM Lab Units are research-based, hands-on lessons with guided explorations that encourage collaboration and teamwork and align with educational standards. We design STEM Lab Units so that students learn about iteration, engineering design processes, real-world applications, as well as teamwork and collaboration skills. Students are provided with hands-on, minds-on engagement with STEM Lab Units that encourage them to design innovative solutions and innovate through experimentation. STEM Lab Units are versatile enough to be used in a variety of contexts (e.g. in-school, after-school, or camps). They are built around three pillars:
- Encourage active learning, hands-on activities, and student choice to engage students.
- You can organize content around essential questions and specific, measurable learning goals by teaching for understanding.
- A research-based method for demonstrating competencies, learning spatial reasoning, and making personal connections.